Tuesday, December 23, 2008

First

I just started a blog, and I'm not exactly sure why. I don't have time, I'm not looking for readers, but I have a lot of nervous energy to get out. Besides, everybody's doing it. I am a senior at Stanford University, incredibly excited about entrepreneurship, and have no idea what I'm doing once I graduate. One of my esteemed high school colleagues once referred to first-time Pro Bowler Wes Welker as a "spider monkey on crack," and that's basically what I feel like right now. Stick around for more about subjects that are WAY more interesting than me.

Directions this blog might take:

* Technical notes about various internet, infrastructure, and energy technologies

* Selections for general consumption from an aspiring music snob

* Discussions of trends surrounding entrepreneurship and venture capital, particularly as they pertain to Silicon Valley

* Anything else

If you have the misfortune to stumble across this blog, give me suggestions. I've been learning to use MySQL recently. I'm hoping to summarize my recent discoveries in a post dedicated to the less technically literate among us, but I fear that could be so unbelievably dull that nobody reading it will ever return. Either way, this promises to be a long, strange, circuitous journey, but hopefully we'll have some fun along the way.

All the best,
John

What I'm listening to: DJ Benzi, Kanye West and Plain Pat Present - Sky High

P.S. If you are highly proficient with programming in a variety of languages, and interested in brainstorming/developing ideas that could potentially turn into business(es), also comment! I have several ideas, and I'd like to discuss them with somebody who can explain what they believe is or is not feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment